Starting Your Star Performance
Sep 25, 2019
Have you enjoyed the prior nine videos? In this series, we have gone through the nine strategies from How to Be a Star at Work: 9 Breakthrough Strategies You Need to Succeed at Work by Robert Kelley.
As a refresher, the nine strategies are: Initiative, Networking, Self-management, Perspective, Followership, Leadership, Teamwork, Organizational Savvy, Show-and-Tell.
In the closing chapters, the author pointed out that it's never too late to become a star performer. In fact, every time you start a new role, you have to start all over.
Here are eight questions to be asking yourself at all times to maximize your productivity:
- Do you consistently spot issues and problems and make sure that something gets done about them?
- Do you always get work done on time and with high quality?
- Do you consistently delight external and internal customers?
- Do you understand how and why external competitive pressures change everyday work routines and respond positively to the challenge?
- Do you succeed at working across organizational boundaries and building bridges so that all the organizations resources can be applied to customers or problems effectively?
- Do you keep your manager informed about work progress and how it will impact other people slash projects?
- Do you not get overly frustrated by politics but strive to understand the rationale behind certain decisions?
The second part of this broadcast is available in the Inspired Success™ for Women Closed Group (free) on Facebook. In this private broadcast (September 24, 2019), I share advice for people who are in a miserable work situation, for members of minority groups, and for women. Request to join today!
Be sure and grab the most popular download yet, the Promotion Estimator Worksheet. Click on the image.